Inspiration Station: Winter Yarns
Need inspiration for winter yarn? LoveKnitting has you covered with this month’s Inspiration Station, featuring the perfect winter yarns for 2015…
When winter comes along, a knitter’s reaction is that of ecstacy… all of that woolly potential and dreams of wearing our hard work day and night. If you’ve got plenty of patterns to cast on but are looking for yarn inspiration to let your creativity go wild over the cooler months, we’ve got you covered. BUT prepare yourself… these gorgeous yarn palettes are going to cause serious yarn lust!
The Natural Palette
You cannot beat a smooth natural palette of creams, whites and soft sandy browns for the winter time. This gorgeous basket of yarn includes some faves of ours, see if you can guess which is which!
- Rico Essential Soft Merino Aran in Beige (081), Light Grey (020), Pebble (062) and Natural (060)
- BC Garn Silkbloom Extrafino in IZ01
- Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Oyster (503) and Eau de Nil (513)
- Schachenmayer Merino Extrafine 170 in Wiess (00001)
The Pastel Palette
Pastels aren’t just for summer, add a candy pop of colour to snuggly accessories like mittens, hats and scarves! From 4 Ply/Fingering to Super Chunky/Super Bulky, we have every yarn to cover all your pattern needs… In no particular order, here are the yarns:
- Lang Yarns Kim in 0074
- Austermann Siberia in Absinth (13)
- Rico Essentials Soft Merino Aran in Petrol (25), Dusky Pink (14), Lemon (63) and Melon (06)
- Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Oyster (503) and Gold (502)
- Lang Yarns Merino 70 in 0059Rooster Almerino Aran in Custard (305) and Sugared Almond (302)
- Cascade Magnum in Walnut Heather (8013)
- Cascade Cherub DK in Yellow Curry (51)
- Jamieson Shetland Spindrift in Purple (0610)
The Autumnal Palette
Don’t these rich colours of autumn just fill you with warmth. This palette is inspired by country walks through crispy leaves and all the yarns are from one our fave German brands, Lang Yarns…
- The yarn on the needles – Lang Yarns Kim in 0050
- Millier Colori Baby in 0039
- Lang Yarns Yak in 0059
- Lang Yarns Merino 120 in 0096
- Lang Yarns Malou in 026
Which colour palette do you love most?
Last updated: November 10th, 2015.