A Very Berry Christmas Mini KAL!
Ho ho ho! There’s one week left before we start the Very Berry Christmas KAL! Grab your materials and get ready to join us on the 15th November for Part One!
For festive frolics, we’ve decided to make some fabulous Christmas decorations from patterns from one of our favourite designers, Amanda Berry! Each week we’ll be making two different patterns to hang on trees, string into bunting or wrap up for gifts!
A teeny tiny penguin for the tree!
Meet Amanda Berry!
Amanda Berry is a fabulous designer of the sweetest range of little toys you have ever seen! Her creations bring to life any little toy you could dream up from dragons, dinosaurs and vikings to birds, dogs, pirates and mice! There’s a little toy for every occasion!
Some of Amanda’s wonderful patterns! Click here to explore!
We love Amanda’s festive Christmas patterns so much, we thought we’d make them along with you! We’re going to be making six FREE patterns from Amanda’s collection – but there are many more Christmas patterns to make!
Mini Mittens, perfect for bunting or hanging on the tree!
All of the decorations are knitted flat on two needles, and are designed for beginners. We’re going to knit along with you, and there’ll be a video for each pattern to help you!
Can you catch this gingerbread man?
To make these gorgeous Christmas decorations, we’re going to use Paintbox Yarns Simply DK, a fabulous acrylic yarn that comes in 60 shades!
A perfect way to keep your eggs warm, Santa style!
What do I need?
All you need to do to join in on the fun is get the materials used for the patterns above! Here’s a list for you:
- A selection of your favourite colours for the Christmas Stockings!
- A 100g ball of Paintbox Yarns Simply DK each in the following colours:
- Rose Red (113) or Pillar Red (114)
- Paper White (100)
- Grass Green (129) or Evergreen (130)
- Coffee Bean (110)
- Pure Black (101)
- A 10g mini ball of Paintbox Yarns Simply DK in Buttercup Yellow
Needles & Accessories
- 1 pair of 3.75mm needles
- 1 pair of 4mm needles
- 1 tapestry needle for sewing up
- A selection of tiny buttons, felt or embroidery supplies for eyes and decoration
- A small amount of stuffing for Teeny Penguin and the Gingerbread man!
There’s no need to sign up, just knit along with us! We’ll launch our videos on the following dates:
- 15th November: Easy Christmas Tree and Mini Mittens
- 22nd November: Gingerbread Man and little Christmas Stockings
- 28th November: Teeny Penguin and Mini Santa Hat Egg Cosy
You can also follow along with the KAL on the LoveKnitting App so you can knit on-the-go!
The KAL will start on 15th November, so you’ve got A WEEK to get ready!
Last updated: November 10th, 2017.