LoveKnitting Christmas Knit-A-Long
It’s been weeks in the making and we’ve had to firmly bite our tongues, so we are very excited to introduce you to our first LoveKnitting Knit-A-Long (KAL)! Jenni, an improver knitter from the LoveKnitting team will be knitting alongside you every step of the way. Read on to find out why you should join…
The Christmas Knit-A-Long
I’m so excited to be knitting with you all for our first Knit-A-Long! Starting from Thursday 30th October for six weeks you can join me, Monica Russel, the fabulous pattern designer behind this beautiful baby set and a community of knitters, in knitting this gorgeous festive baby sweater and hat. Our festive KAL gives you a great opportunity to meet fellow knitters, learn new techniques, practice old ones and produce a beautiful baby set just in time for Christmas.
– Receive a unique pattern (in stages) exclusively made for our KAL for free!
– If you’re a knitting looking to improve or take on a new challenge, it’s the perfect opportunity to receive tailored advice on new techniques every step of the way.
– If you ever find yourself lost or in need of some extra help on any of the techniques, you can leave your queries in the comment box , where professional knitwear designer and teacher Monica Russel along with our own LoveKnitting experts will be on hand to give you their expert advice.
– A chance to meet and chat with fellow knitters!
– Proud of a technique you’ve mastered? You can share photos of your knitting with other knitters in the comment boxes.
How does it work?
It’s free to join! Every week, we’ll publish a new part of the pattern along with tips and tricks to knit it, all you need to do is express your interest by signing up with your email address in the form below. By doing this you will receive weekly e-mails to let you know when the posts are available. The Knit-A-Long will begin next week with a guide to all the materials you will need to knit it, and as an extra bonus, I’ll be revealing an exclusive 10% discount, for those who sign up, on red and white yarns!
What sizes will the pattern come in?
The pattern will come in four different sizes; 0-3 months 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months.
What materials do I need?
The materials you will need will be revealed on 30th October, 2014.
What level of knitter is this knit-a-long for?
If you are an improver knitter and have the basics of knitting down then this is a great project for you. With tutorials and advice available every step of the way, it’s a great opportunity to take on a new challenge and learn different techniques.
Join the Social Knitwork!
You can share your images on our Ravelry page too, where we’ll also be posting this KAL and offering advice. We’d also love to see your progress on our Facebook and Twitter pages, so don’t forget to follow us and share!
If your thinking ‘I’d love to knit this, but there aren’t any babies in my life to knit for!’ Then why not knit it for charity? You can donate your knitted garments to Knit for Peace, a charity encouraging women and men from different, often historically hostile, communities to come together informally to knit, who will make sure they go to those in need.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now! We can’t wait to get started with you!
Last updated: October 30th, 2014.